Bully Bust Q & A with Sammi Hanratty
1. What is Bully Bust?
Bullybust is an awareness campaign designed to help reduce bullying in schools.
2. When did you first become a part of Bully Bust?
I first became a spokesperson for Bullybust after filming American Girl: Chrissa Stands Strong. I play Chrissa and my character has to learn to stand up to bullying.
3. Why is Bully Bust important to you?
Bullybust.org is a great website where you can go and get all kinds of information and help to learn what to do if you are being bullied. It gives you the resources you need and lets you know you’re not alone.
4. What have you done/have been doing with Bully Bust?
I’ve made several youtube videos giving information about the website and asking people to sign the Stand Up to Bullying Pledge, I’ve spoken at schools, and I was a judge in the Stand Up to Bullying Video Contest.
5. What does the future look like with Bully Bust, is there anything planned?
I will be visiting some schools at the end of the summer to talk to the students about the importance of standing up to bullying and asking them to sign the Pledge.
6. Bullying is a big deal in our society today, what are your thoughts on it?
Bullying can have long-lasting effects. It needs to be stopped as soon as possible. It is so important to tell an adult you can trust and if nothing is resolved, tell someone else.
7. If someone wanted advice from you as to how to deal with a bully, what would you suggest to them?
I would definitely tell them to go to bullybust.org. They can sign the BullyBust Stand Up to Bullying Pledge, get information on how to stop the bullying and how you can be an Upstander. They even have information on a 24-hour crisis hotline.
For more on Bully Bust go to www.bullybust.org
For more on Sammi Hanratty go to www.sammihanratty.com